This is such an easy to make. It is so much nicer than shop bought granola and lower in sugar than most as well. If you don't like nuts..leave them out. If you dislike dried fruit, add extra seeds instead. It is so versatile and you can change it to your likes and needs. It can be great pre or post run food as well. High in carbs fuelling and recovery. If having post run, have with some yogurt to get some extra protein.
I like to use it as a snack with plain bio yogurt and fresh fruit but its perfect with milk and fresh fruit for breakfast.
It takes no time at all to prepare and only 40 mins in the oven.
300g rolled oats
200g Mixed seeds
200g Pecans (or any nuts of your choice)
300g dried fruit
3tbsp coconut oil
1-2 tbsp of honey
2-3 tbsp cinnamon
1. Cut up nuts to the size you want. You can also use a blender to pulse them into smaller bits
2. Add all dry ingredients together in a large bowl
3. Melt coconut oil, cinnamon and honey in a pan until combined.
4. Pour oil over dry ingredients and mix until covered.
5. Spread over 2 baking sheets and cook in oven at 180C for 30-40mins unit golden.